Monday, July 7, 2008

Teacher's Aide Abby Swogger Remains in Jail for Wild Teen Parties, Drug Possession

Abby Jane Swogger, a 34-year-old teacher's aide, remains in jail after allegedly hosting a drug and alcohol party at a hotel for several of her son's friends.

According to http://todayintheusa.com/, Swogger rented a hotel room where police found beer, condom wrappers, and marijuana.

There have also been rumors that Swogger was allegedly having sex with one of her son's friends, but she denies those rumors and no evidence has been found.

Other reports on according to http://todayintheusa.com/ have her being arrested for possession of crack cocaine and hiding a 17-year-old boy in her bedroom.

Swogger had worked as an exotic dancer before becoming a teacher's aide in Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania.

Swogger's actions, if they are indeed accurate, are completely unacceptable for an adult of any age or profession but especially disgusting for a mother and teacher's aide.

From time to time I have my younger cousins over for get-togethers and parties with my friends, their friends, and other family members. I've always followed some simple rules to keep things safe and make sure everyone has a good time. Ultimately, so long as everyone has fun, nobody is injured, and the police don't show up, I consider the party a great success.

Whenever I host a party that I know will cater to a younger crowd, I always keep one main rule in mind: keep the party small! My two younger cousins can be rowdy sometimes, and usually invite friends that are just as crazy as they are, so having too many hyper teenagers around can overwhelm any host. I remember how I was as a teenager-trying to get away with anything I could, and huge parties were the best place to do it. Nobody knows you, you can take and drink whatever you want, and it's an all-out free-for-all. So with that in mind I try to keep the number of guests to ten or less, making it easy for me to keep them all within sight and make sure they don't do something stupid.

Another thing I don't do is host parties alone. I always try to have at least a few other mature persons around, like a friend or girlfriend who I know is mature, to help me keep an eye on things.

But there are other rules that can be just as important. If I know that anyone under 21 will be attending my party, which is pretty much every party I invite my cousins to, I don't serve alcohol at all. In fact, I don't keep any in the house at all during those parties. It's easier for teens to grab a bottle of booze from the back of the refrigerator, slip away into a room and chug it down while I'm not looking. I don't drink at all myself, so I don't have to hide any alcohol during those times; I simply don't buy any.

And at no time do I allow any illegal drugs in my home. It's illegal, it's dangerous, and it can get you in big trouble with the law. What the kids do in the privacy of their own homes if out of my control, but at my house I like to keep things clean and legal. I don't inform other parents when their children attend my parties, partly because I'm confident they'll be safe and drug-free at my place but also because I don't know who half the teens' names sometimes.

And following those rules, out of the seven or so parties I've hosted, there's never been a problem with a single party. The worst that can be said about my gatherings is that, once or twice, the music was a bit too loud and the neighbors came over to complain. And that's understandable when people get together.

They may not be the coolest, most wild parties in town, but everyone goes home safe-not to a jail cell drunk and high--at the end of my events.

If Abby Swogger would have followed even half of the party-hosting rules I do, she wouldn't be rotting in a jail cell at the moment wishing she had done things differently.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wasn't her drugs & the 17yr old was a gang member & she feared for her life only reason sh!t Got so dumb. He probably still is.